In our moving from 2 condos to one house we ended up with an extra mattress so we thought we would swap out the mattresses in the MotorHome.
Which we did some time ago, though the new mattress was just sitting in there.
So the other day we went by the motorhome to set the mattress in place...
guess what.... it was too long!
Good thing Jim and I are short... get the clippers out!
|Daffy on the big dash...|
|She seems pretty comfortable here..|
|'are we gonna go?'|
|How much the mattress hangs over.|
The issue is the 'bedroom' is in a slide, so there is no problem when the slide is out. But when the slide is in the new mattress was too long.
|Tool of choice for foam mattress cutting|
|Tools of the trade|
|Draw a line where you want to cut and hope for the best|
|Cuts like buttah!|
|Not the tidiest job but it worked!|
|Has the Daffy seal of approval|
|Bed made and slide in, another successful DIY project. Now Daffy says 'let's go somewhere'!|
We also replaced the battery and will have the motorhome de-winterized, get some air in the tires and head somewhere with the furfamily. After living in the motorhome for 3 months (aug-nov 2012) before we were able to move into this house we weren't in any hurry to get back in it. But now thinking it might be fun to take a trip or two. There is so much of our new state we haven't seen.